- Maitreya asked. O Sage! You have described the effects of many kinds. Now be kind enough to throw light on Stri Jatak (female horoscopy).
- Maharishi Parasara replied. What a good question! Listen to what I am going to tell you about the Rashi Kundalis of females. All the effects, that have been described till now in the case of male horoscopies, will apply to females also. Matters, relating to her physical appearance, should be determined from Lagna, those, relating to children, from the 5th Bhava, fortune for the husband from the 7th and death of the husband (widowhood) should be deduced from the 8th. Those effects, which are impossible to ascribe to the female, should be declared to be applicable to her husband.
Brihat Jatak. “Of the effects, that have been described till now in the case of male horoscopes and those, that may be found in female horoscopes, suitable to females, should be declared, as applicable to them alone. The rest should be ascribed to their husbands. The death of the husband is to be deduced through the 8th place (from Lagna, or Chandra, whichever is stronger). Matters, relating to her appearance, beauty etc., should be determined from Lagna and the Rashi, occupied by Chandra. It is from the 7th place (from Lagna, or Chandra), that her welfare (happiness) and the nature of the husband should be ascertained.”
Mantreswara’s Phaldeepika. “Whatever effects are declared for men, they are entirely applicable to women too. The woman’s prosperity and happiness have to be deduced from the 8th place (from Lagnaa, or Chandra, whichever is stronger). Children should be declared from the 9th Bhava and matters, relating to her appearance, beauty etc., should be determined from Lagna. It is from the 7th place, that her welfare (power of influencing her husband) and the nature of the husband should be ascertained, while her association and chastity should be predicted from an examination of the 4th Bhava. Benefics in those Bhavas produce good results, while malefics in the above Bhavas are productive of evil, unless they happen to own the Bhavas, in which case the effects will be good.”
Jatak Parijata. Whatever effects may accrue from the horoscopes of females, applicable only to men, should be ascribed to the husband. The good and evil, affecting their person, should be calculated from Chandra and Lagnaa, whichever of them is stronger. It is from the 7th Bhava from Lagnaa, or Chandra, that all, that is worthy, or unworthy in the husband should be ascertained and the death of the husband is foretold through the 8th. All this should be well weighed by the strength, or weakness of the Grahas, benefic and malefic. Before an announcement is made, of Lagnaa and Chandra find, which is stronger. It is with reference to this, that the luck, beauty and strength of the women should be announced. Children and wealth in abundance should be declared through the 9th Bhava therefrom. Wedded happiness, or otherwise should be gathered from the 8th and husband’s fortune from the 7th. Some Jyotishis opine, that the well-being, or the reverses of the husband can be determined from the 9th.
- If at the time of birth of a woman Lagnaa and Chandra are in even Rashis, the woman will be truly feminine in character. She will possess excellent qualities, be of steadfast character, beautiful and physically fit.
- If Lagnaa and Chandra are in odd Rashis, she will be masculine in form and masculine in bearing and, if they be associated with, or aspected by malefics, she will be devoid of good qualities and be sinful.
- If amongst Lagnaa and Chandra one be in an even Rashi and the other be in an odd one, the woman concerned should be declared to partake the characteristics of both male and female. The qualities of Lagnaa, or Chandra will be more predominant, according to their strength.
- Brahmin! The effects in respect of women would particularly depend on the Rashi and Trimsams of Lagnaa, or Chandra, whichever is stronger.
- When Lagnaa, or Chandra is in a Rashi, belonging to Mangal, the woman, born in a Trimsams of Mangal, will have illicit relations with a man before marriage. If she be born in Trimsams of Shukraa, she will become unchaste after marriage; if of Budh, she will be full of guile and adept in conjuration. If the Trimsams be of Guru, she will be worthy and virtuous; she will be menial, or slave, if birth be in a Trimsams of Shani.
- In a Rashi, owned by Budh, the female, born in a Trimsams of Mangal, will be full of guile, will be a hard-worker; if the Trimsams be of Shukraa, will be possessed of good qualities; if of Budh, will be of the nature of hermaphrodite; if of Guru,will be chaste. In a Rashi, owned by Shukraa, a female, born in a Trimsams of Mangal, will be deprived; if the Trimsams be of Shukraa, will be well known and possessed of excellent qualities; if of Budh, will be skilled in all arts; she will be endowed with all good qualities, if born in a Trimsams of Guru; she will remarry, if born in a Trimsams of Shani. When Lagnaa, or Chandra happens to be in a Rashi, owned by Chandra and the Trimsams of birth is owned by Mangal, the female born will be self-willed and uncontrolled; she will be unchaste and of loose character, if born in a Trimsams of Shukraa; will be skilled in arts and handiwork, if of Budh; will be gifted with all excellent qualities, if of Guru; will become a widow, if of Shani.
- When Lagna or Chandra is owned by Surya and the Trimsams of birth be owned by Mangal, the female born will be very talkative; she will be virtuous, if born in a Trimsams of Shukra; will bear masculine features, if of Budh; will be chaste and virtuous, if of Guru; will be unchaste, if of Shani. When the rising Rashi, or the Rashi, occupied by Chandra, is owned by Guru, the female, born in a Trimsams of Mangal, will be endowed with many good qualities; she will be Punschali, if born in a Trimsams of Shukra; will be well versed in many sciences, if of Budh; will be endowed with all good qualities, if of Guru; will not indulge much in sexual intercourse, if of Shani. When Lagna, or the Rashi, occupied by Chandra, belongs to Shani, the female, born in a Trimsams of Mangal, will be a maid-servant; she will be learned (barren, according to Brihat Jatak), if born in a Trimsams of Shukra; will be cruel and immoral, if of Budh; will be devoted to her husband, if of Guru; will be unchaste (addicted to men of low caste, according to Brihat Jatak), if of Shani.
- If the 7th Bhava be without a Grah (without strength) and without benefic aspect, the female born will have a coward and contemptible wretch for her husband. When the 7th Bhava is a moveable Rashi, the husband will always be away from home. If Budh and Shani be in the 7th Bhava, the husband of the woman concerned will be impotent. If Surya occupies the 7th Bhava, the woman concerned is abandoned by her husband. If Mangal be in the 7th, the female concerned becomes a widow in her childhood. If Shani be in the 7th, she lives to an old age, remaining unmarried. If there be a malefic, she becomes a widow, while young. If there be a benefic in the 7th, the female born will enjoy marital happiness and will be chaste. If there be both benefics and malefics in the 7th, both benefic and evil effects will be experienced. If Mangal be in the Navams of Shukra and Shukra be in the Navams of Mangal, the female concerned will have illicit relations with other men. If in this Yog Chandra be in the 7th, the female concerned enters into illicit connections at the instance of her husband.
- If at woman’s birth the 7th Bhava, or the setting Navams be that of Mangal, the husband will be fond of other women and will be of an irascible temper. If it be a Rashi, or Navams of Budh, her husband will be very learned and clever. If it be a Rashi, or Navams of Guru, the husband of the woman concerned will be of great merit and will have passions under his control. If it be a Rashi, or Navams of Shukra, her husband will be fortunate, very good-looking and liked by women. If the Rashi, or Navams belongs to Shani, her husband will be an old man and a fool. If the Rashi, or Navams be Simh, her husband will be exceedingly soft in his disposition and will be very hard-working. If the 7th Bhava, or the setting Navams be a Rashi, owned by Chandra, the husband of the woman will be love-sick and gentle. If there be different Rashis and Navamsas in the 7th, the effects will be of a mixed nature. The effects of the Rashis and Navamsas will depend on their strength.
- If in a female’s horoscope Surya be in the 8th, the native will be unhappy, poverty-stricken, of deformed limbs and without faith in religion. If Chandra be in the 8th, the woman concerned will be of a defective vagina, will have ugly breasts, with sinister eyes, without robes, or ornaments, sickly and will be defamed in the society. If Mangal, the native will be of weak constitution, sickly, widow, ugly-looking and full of sorrows and agonies. If Budh, she will be without faith in religion, timid, devoid of wealth, self-respect and good qualities and she will be quarrelsome.
- If in a female’s horoscope Guru be in the 8th, the woman concerned will be shameless and without virtue, will have few children, fatty hands and feet, will be abandoned by her husband and be gluttonous. If Shukra be in the 8th, she will be fond of pleasures, devoid of sympathy, religion, wealth, will be dirty and deceptive. If Shani, the woman concerned will be of wicked disposition, dirty, deceptive and devoid of conjugal harmony. If Rahu, she will be ugly, without marital happiness, cruel-hearted, sickly and unchaste.
- The woman will be barren, if in her Rashi Kundali Chandra and Shukra be associated with Shani, or Mangal and the 5th Bhava be occupied, or aspected by a malefic.
- If the 7th be in the Navams of Mangal, the vagina will be diseased. If the 7th be the Navams of a benefic, she will have a well formed female organ and will be beloved by her husband.
- If Mithun, or Kanya Lagna in a female’s horoscope is occupied by Shukra and Chandra, the woman concerned lives happily and is equipped with all kinds of comforts in her father’s house.
- If Chandra, Budh and Shukra be in Lagna, the woman concerned is endowed with many good qualities and happiness. If Guru be in Lagna, she is happy, wealthy and has children.
- If the 8th Bhava be Simh, or Kark and Surya and Chandra be both placed there, the woman concerned will be barren. If the 8th be Mithun, Kanya, or Kark and Budh and Chandra be posited there, the female native will have only one child.
- The woman concerned will be definitely barren, if Lagna be Mesh, Vrischik, Makar, or Kumbh and Chandra and Shukra be posited there, aspected by malefics.
- The woman concerned will give birth to an already dead child, if the 7th be occupied by Rahu and Surya, or Guru and Rahu be in the 8th and the 5th be occupied by malefics.
- The woman concerned will not be able to conceive, if Guru and Shukra be associated with Mangal in the 8th, or Mangal be with Shani in the 8th.
- The woman concerned becomes a destructor of her husband’s family and her father’s family, if at her birth Chandra and Lagna be subjected to Papa Kartari Yog (direct malefics in 12th and retrograde malefics in 2nd).
- The woman, whose birth takes place under the following conditions, is named, as Visha Kanya. Day of birth Sunday, Nakshatr Aslesha, 2nd Tithi; Saturday, Krittika, 7th Tithi; Tuesday, Satabhisha, 12th Tithi.
- The woman will be Visha Kanya, if at birth Lagna be occupied by a malefic and a benefic and two Grahas be in inimical Rashis.
- Visha Kanya gives birth to a child already dead. She has a defective generative organ and is bereft of robes, ornaments etc.
- The evil effects of Visha Kanya are destroyed, if the Lord of the 7th is a benefic, or a benefic Grah be in the 7th from Lagna, or Chandra.
- The woman born becomes a widow, if Mangal be in the 12th, 4th, 7th, or 8th from Lagna, without aspect by, or association with any benefic.
- The Yog, which causes the woman to become widow also causes a male native to become a widower. If the man and woman, possessing this Yog, join in wedlock, the Yog ceases to have any effect.
- If at a woman’s birth the rising Rashi be that of Shukra and the rising Navams be of Shani (Kumbh, according to Brihat Jatak) and, if Shukra and Shani aspect each other, or are occupying each other’s Navams, she will be afflicted with too much lust and will allay her fire of passion with the help of other females, acting the part of a male.
- When Guru, Mangal, Budh and Shukra are strong and, when the rising Rashi is an even one, the woman born will be learned in Shastras and an expounder of the Vedanta Philosophy.
- When a malefic Grah is in the 7th and some Grah in the 8th, the woman concerned will become an ascetic.
- The woman dies before her husband, when in her nativity there is a benefic in the 8th, without aspect by, or association with a malefic.
- If at the birth of a woman there are equal number of benefics and malefics and they possess the same strength, she without doubt will leave for her heavenly abode along with her husband.
Do You Want Consulting?
Ask To Astrologer Right Now Live Chat