Gulika or Mandi in Astrology, Find Gulika in Horoscope
Gulika which was also known as ‘mandi’ is the offspring of Saturn. It is a very important pseudo planet according to the belief in South India.
Vedic astrology recognizes a set of two non-luminous as shadowy planets. These are the most famous planets known as Rahu and Ketu which are located at the northern and southern nodes of the Moon. Two other planets which are referred in the Vedic astrological literature as Mandi and Gulika are the non-luminous planets which have never been considered to have physical shape or form although Puranas have described them.
These are deemed to have the eclipsing function in our Puranas and referred as ‘ swallowing ‘ the luminaries.It is considered very important in Kundali/Prasna Kundali / selection of time muhurtha.
Mandi is the evilest planet among pseudo planets especially when it is associated with Saturn. The lord of the sign is occupied by Mandi which becomes malefic. Astrological works describe the effects of Mandi in each house as well as in conjunction with other planets.
If Mandi is placed in Lagna, the native would be a thief, cruel and without humility. There may be possibilities of diseases and accidents of limbs. His eyes would be afflicted. He would not be of high intellect, would eat a lot and would never have happiness. He would be an atheist and will be attracted to the wrong type of women.For example, for the affliction of the eye, we must find how much the house representing the eyes and planets signifying the eyes are afflicted.
When Mandi is in conjunction with Sun, the native might suffer from ill health, insult his father, as well as teacher and he won’t get help from others.
Mandi has associated with the death of a native as well as his birth also. Most often, it is found that lagna would fall on the sign which may be a trine (5th or 9th) of Mandi’s place or the lord of Mandi’s sign.
PLACEMENT OF MANDI IN DIFFERENT HOUSES :
- Prosper due to self-effort
- Slowly complete work in hand
- Lean bodied
- Inflict emotional pain on others
- Bad speech
- Earns due to courage & bravery such as
thieves, bandits, police officials, army
- Unfriendly neighbors
- Unhappiness from siblings
- While traveling troubled due to
- Uncomfortable life
- Run away from material pursuits such as house, property, vehicles etc.
- Enemies in job
- Troubled relationship with relatives
- Ill repute due to children
- Troubles in progeny
- Lack faith on guru and elders
- Enmity with superiors in job and hence devoid of prosperity
- Lacks blessing of deity, even though
worshipped by him
- Suffer due to others misbehavior
- Unhappy in career
- Loan spent over on unnecessary things
- Lack faith in his colleagues
- Hate his maternal family
- Uncontrollable passion
- Eagle’s eye (looking for a prey)
- Concerned for wife’s health
- Ill repute due to immoral nature
- Knowledgeable in Mantras & Tantras or other occult disciplines
- Surgery on some part of the body
- Troubles from poison, weapon & fire
- Unhappy in life
- Perform religious observances without devotion
- Con others in name of religion
- Helps the needy
- Do activities with public interests in
- Good reputation in family
- Famous due to religious activities good deeds
- Completes task at hand
- Extremely rich
- Extremely courageous
- High position & authority in Govt. or
- Endowed with landed property and
- Profits from businesses
- Expenses are more than income
- Bad dreams
- Defective nails
- May lose one of his limbs
- health issues due to black magic
- Physical relationship with wicked women
- Lose valuable things
Shani Dev Pujan Every Saturday