Every Hindu has full faith in God and he worships him in any form. According to Hindu belief, there are 33 crore deities. Classics say that there are different reasons for sufferings of a person, it could be curses of the elders, preceptors, Brahmins or anger of Gods or Goddess. The Fury of serpent god, dissatisfaction evil acts directed by the enemies and other afflictions, ghost and demons etc., form the suffering of a person. Now it becomes very hard for the devotee is to which God or Goddess he should worship through whom he could reap best of the results and make the suffering subdued or ineffective.
In the natal chart, fifth house is considered for intellect and ninth house is considered for religiosity. Fifth house gives idea about the nature whereas ninth house gives idea about the deity. It is believed that through the natal chart it could also be judged in what type of sadhana the native would be successful we are quoting some of the salient points, as mentioned in the classics, related to mantra sadhana and their links with astrology.
- Shiva worship is fruitful when Mars is posited in ninth house or aspecting ninth house.
- Exalted Sun with the lord of ascendant makes devotee perfect sadhak.
- If benefic planets (Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus) are posited in house no. 5 and lord of the fifth house is a benefic planet then the practitioner would be pious. He would undertake the mantra sadhana without any aim and he would be of philosophical attitude.
- If fifth house is conjoined with evil planets like Rahu and Ketu then the devotee must be worshipping to master the witchcraft and other such type of sadhana.
- If in the natal chart when Jupiter, Mars and Mercury are conjoining or aspecting each other then that person would achieve success in the mantra sadhana.
- If Sun is well placed in the chart then the devotee should worship Shakti.
- If the lord of ninth house is Jupiter or posited with Venus then the devotee would certainly achieve good results in mantra practice.
- If the lord of the fifth house is an evil planet or evil planets are posited in fifth house then such native would be undertaking worship for material gains or for some evil deeds. He would certainly follow the rituals but he must be having some planning in his mind.
- If the benefic planets are posited in Kendra (centric) or trikona (angle) then the efforts rendered by the devotee for mantra sadhana would not go in vain.
- Lord of tenth house is linked with Venus or Moon, by aspect or position, then such person becomes successful in mantra sadhana with the help of others.
- Lord of the tenth is posited in its house then the devotee believes in form worship.
- If Moon is well placed in the natal chart then the native can achieve success in six rites worship.
- Saturn in ninth house makes the devotee a saint and if Saturn is in its zodiac then the devotee is a world famous saint.
- If someone wants to master the mantra anusthan rather than the tantrik practise then he should check whether all his planets are posited between Moon and Jupiter.
- Rahu in eighth house makes the practitioner a good tantric but such person lives in low profile.