The Nature and Indications of the Different Planets: The Moon
1. Form: The Moon is round in shape. His color is white. He has a huge body. He is one yojana high. His eyes are very beautiful. He is friendly with others. He likes to travel. The Moon is a feminine planet and is cold in nature.
2. Temperament: The Moon is very mild and meek. He is very soft in his speech. He is a mixture of the two humours phlegm (to) and wind
3. Caste: Vaisya.
4. Direction: North-west
5. Age: 70 years.
6. Rays: The Moon has twenty-one rays.
7. Significations: The Moon represents white colour, calmness, watery nature, poets/strong houses, feminine qualities, womanliness, white trees, trees having milk in them, rope, chain (Pipal etc.), silver, sweet substances, white silk, cloth, water, lily, conch, aquatic creatures, salt, cucumber and plantain trees, bronze, brass, trees growing in watery places. Ornaments were worn on the head and by youngsters, rice, and wheat
8. Grain: Rice.
9. Strength: The Moon is strong during the night and in the Shukla Paksha.
10. Stone: Pearl.