Separation and Divorce in Astrology
Varahamihira in his ‘Bruhajjataka’ adds: If there is a mix of good and bad planets in the 7th house, the native will have more than one marriage. This view is also supported by Kalayna Varma in his ‘Saaravali’.
‘Phaladeepika’ says: If Venus or 7th lord is hemmed between malefics or conjunct with malefic or aspected by malefics, it is a sign of losing the partner.
Kalyana Varma in his ‘Saaraavali’ says: Mars in 7th house leads to loss of the partner and if that Mars is aspected by Saturn, then the death of a partner can be predicted.
The planets Saturn, Mars, Sun, Rahu, and Kethu are considered natural malefic whereas the planets Jupiter and Venus are natural benefits. When Saturn or Rahu involve with 7th house affairs, we can say the spouse has past life debts to be repaid in terms of a marriage relationship. Saturn and Rahu represent separation, sometimes owing to the death of the spouse. If Mars is involved, then it denotes one of the partners becoming aggressive and wild thus spoiling the relation.
Separation is indicated when 7th house lord is in the house of its enemy or if 7th lord is debilitated or 7th lord is receiving aspects from malefic or is in ‘astangatva’. Astangatva represents close conjunction with Sun.
Separation is indicated if 7th lord is posited in 6th, 8th or 12th houses and is weak. Here weakness represents conjunction with bad planets.
Separation is indicated if 7th house is occupied by malefic planets or aspected by malefic planets.
In judging the horoscope the basic rule of “Separative Influence” is to be analyzed which gives a clear view of its influences.
The rule says that “Sun, Saturn, Rahu and 12th house lord and lords of the sign occupied by these planets are Separative” in character, that is to say, these planets cause separation from or abandonment of the traits of the house etc., which they influence by association or aspect.
For example, if two or more of the above-mentioned planets influence the 4th house and its lord, one is forced to leave his home or country of birth. If they influence 7th house and its lord, one is separated from his wife or husband. If they influence 10th house and its lord and Sun, one has to be separated from the benefits of the ruling powers, viz. resigning from service, termination of service, change in profession, etc. So in view of these, we provide a few yogas:
Few yogas Separation and Divorce in Astrology
1) Jupiter in the 7th house generally, even lord of 7th does bestow very unsatisfactory results. He causes great disappointments and dissatisfaction in married life. He causes undue delay in marriage.
2) The marital disorder may occur seeking separation when Venus is found in Kritika, Moola, Aridra or Jyeshtha Nakshatras. Out of these Kritika is most inauspicious and gives very bad results.
3) When 7th lord is in 6th and afflicted by separative influence, there may be separated. Similarly, when 7th lord or significator joins the 6th lord and is afflicted by aspect or conjunction of malefic, similar results are likely. When strong Jupiter makes a link with the above combinations in any form, the separation may be saved but the husband and wife will experience quarrels.
4) 6th house denotes legal disputes and connection of malefic 6th lord with the 7th house, 7th lord or significator may result in legal action and separation. Also when 7th lord or significator joins 6th house being afflicted by malefics.
5) When the 7th house, 7th lord, and significator all are afflicted, conjoined, associated or aspected by malefics, unhappiness in married life is indicated. Significators are Venus for males and Mars in case of females.
6) When Rahu and Saturn join Lagna, one is likely to face strife and separation in married life. When 7th lord is retrograde and is also afflicted, similar results are experienced.
7) When in a female chart, Aries or Scorpio Lagna rise and 7th lord is weak, combust, retrograde and is also afflicted, she will be abandoned by her husband.
8) If the combination of Sun and Mars in either horoscope is in 2nd, 7th or 8th house, it holds out excellent prospects for discarding, separation, and disunion. It does not necessarily involve loss of the partner.
9) To analyze marriage, the affliction to Venus by situation, association or aspects of malefics have an adverse effect on morals. Venus represents the other partner of marriage.
10) When lords of 2nd and 7th houses are in the constellation of evil lords, particularly in the constellation of 6th lord and are afflicted, there will be separation, divorce, litigation etc between the couple.